San Diego Human Resources
UniqueHR offers a number of Human Resource services for companies and employees in the San Diego area, and produce on-site and online Human Resource Training programs. We create custom employee handbooks and procedures for each company. We provide verifications including the Department of Human Services, Attorney General, Social Security Administration, and more. In addition to these services, we also handle background checks, employee status changes, and pre-employment screenings.
San Diego is located on the coast on Southern California, just next to the Pacific Ocean. San Diego is known for many things including the beaches, mild climate and their association with the United States Navy. Popular destinations for visitors and residents of the San Diego area include Balboa Park, SeaWorld, and the San Diego Zoo. Major employers in the San Diego area include the United States Navy, Scripps Health and the University of California, San Diego.
At UniqueHR, we have Worker Safety experts that assist and educate clients with a number of different programs. Our safety programs include Safety Program Development, Safety Manual Development and Implementation. We also offer Safety Meetings and Training, with specific training certifications. We also provide job site inspections and audits.
Workers’ Compensation San Diego
There are many benefits of partnering with UniqueHR for Workers’ Compensation. We offer $1,000,000 Coverage, with excess limits up to 15 million if required. We provide workers’ compensation administration and claims management. We also offer exclusive remedy protection under workers’ compensation regulations. We also offer no premium down payment and relief from annual audits, adjustment of payments, and hearings by state.
Our Benefits Administration offerings in San Diego include Major Medical Group Health Insurance, Dental Care, Vision Care, and Health Savings Accounts. We also offer life insurance, short term and long term disability. Healthcare regulations are constantly changing and it’s hard to keep up. Unique HR uses their experience to help shoulder your compliance burdens, stem the paperwork tide and reduce the risk of noncompliance.
Planning for retirement is important to most employees. The hurdle for most businesses is to put together a 401(k) plan that is up-to-date, easy to use and cost effective. UniqueHR overcomes these hurdles for our clients with plan design, investment performance and service which are second to none. We offer a number of services that help you with retirement benefits.
San Diego Staffing
UniqueHR clients have the added value of turning to Unique Employment Services for a cost-effective manpower solution for their direct hire, executive search, and temporary hiring needs. Our staffing agency has been serving the United States with excellence for nearly four decades. UniqueHR can help you with all your staffing needs in Diego. We work hard to provide individuals with the best employment opportunities available.
Payroll Services San Diego
UniqueHR’s payroll services include preparation of payroll, payroll registers and billing reports for San Diego area companies. We offer secure web-based time reporting, online access to earning reports, and year end W-2 forms. We complete the processing of wage garnishments and wage assignments. We prepare job costs and certified payrolls at no additional charge. We also provide a shift in liability for all state and federal tax compliance and reporting.
Spotlight Question: WHAT IS FMLA AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
FMLA is the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. The FMLA generally provides for up to 12 work weeks of unpaid, job protected leave to eligible employees for certain specified and medical reasons. It also maintains eligible employees’ pre-existing group health insurance coverage during periods of FMLA leave.
UniqueHR’s Human Resources Department, in conjunction with our co-employer’s (the client company) management, has the responsibility to administer, grant, and otherwise act on valid request of our employees for leave under the provisions of this law.
- FMLA eligible – an employee with at least 12-months of continuous service and worked a minimum of 1,250 hours in the preceding 12-month period. Must work at a location where at least 50 employees are employed within 75 miles.
- Disability – an impairment, which substantially affects you or your family member in major life activity.
- Serious health condition – an injury, illness, impairment, or physical or mental condition which involves any or all of the following:
- A period of incapacity or treatment in connection with, or consequent to in-patient care at a medical facility.
- A period of incapacity involving continuing treatment by a health care provider and requiring absence from work, school, or other regular daily activities for more than three calendar days.
- Any period of incapacity due to pregnancy or for parental care.
- A chronic or serious health condition, which requires periodic treatment by a health care provider, continues over an extended time or causes episodic periods of incapacity.
- Spouse – employee’s married partner legally recognized in the state in which the employee works for UniqueHR. Un- married domestic partners are specifically excluded from the definition.
- Child – employee’s dependent child by birth, adoption, or committed foster care, who is under 18 years of age or 18 or older and who is incapable of self-care because of physical or mental disability.
- Parent – employee’s birth or adoptive parent. Parents-in-law are specifically excluded from this definition.
- Rolling 12 months – the 12-month period preceding the date a FMLA eligible leave is to commence.
- Intermittent or reduced leave schedule – leave taken in separate blocks of time due to a single qualifying reason or leave schedule that reduces an employee’s working hours per week or day.